Join Me on Facebook

Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm on Etsy!

Ok, so this is the eve of my taking the plunge to actually sell some of what I make. I set up my Etsy store, and you can see it at aridanfashions.etsy.com. I set up my PayPal account. I created items for my store. So, I'm officially out there now.

I've heard nothing but good things about Etsy. Of course as a jewelry designer we all pretty much get lost among each other out there, but we can't expect Etsy to do everything for us. It's nice that they promote and categorize and try to drive buyers through the site, but I don't expect to drive sales from their efforts. If one or two come in, I'm not complaining though. I expect this is a place where I can send people who are interested in buying my stuff. Here are the pictures of what I'm offering in my shop.

I think it's the perfect, get-your-feet-wet opportunity for busy people like myself. Although I wish I could spend all my time on jewelry and designing, I actually have to provide shoes, clothing, shelter, food, etc. for my little ones.


No comments: