Join Me on Facebook

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Handmadeology-A Great Resource for Online Sellers

I am not really new to online selling. I signed up for an Etsy storefront in 2006. But you would think I'd be much farther along than I am in building sales. Well life events pulled me away from my art for a long time. Now I'm back and there have been so many changes, new venues, new opportunities, it makes me a de facto newbie.

In my efforts to learn more about online selling I found Handmadeology. It takes online selling from an art to a science, based on the proven tactics of Timothy Adams, metal artist, blogger and successful online seller.

It's a great resource for online sellers, whether experienced or brand new, that includes articles and videos to improve your selling techniques on Etsy and ArtFire. Additionally, it provides information on how to increase traffic to your selling venues through social networking, such as Twitter, Facebook, and effective blogging.

I found the combination of articles and videos refreshing. The videos are great for people who are visual learners, and like to see, step-by-step, what they need to do. There is also a forum for the site, with the tagline "Connect. Learn. Promote.", the growing community there is an excellent way to learn from other artists.

Additionally there is a directory on the site where you can add your links to blogs, storefronts, Twitter and more, for free. We all like free, right?

Stop by, visit, click a link or two, and see if you learn something new.
http://handmadeology.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi...
good morn...
love your informative blog..
and your jewel creations are gorgeous...
mona & the girls
have a sunny weekend