Join Me on Facebook

Monday, April 27, 2009

My Phantom Obsession Lives On!

I have long had a school-girl crush on the tale of The Phantom of the Opera. I have read the original book, as well as some greatly romanticized versions. I have seen the musical a number of times, and of course I own the movie. Some people don't understand the appeal. I love the juxtaposition of opposing forces in the story. Good versus evil, beautiful versus ugly, light versus dark, man versus woman, and redemption versus damnation. For me, it did what the Twilight series seems to have done for a whole new generation of young people.

So here I've put together an Artisan Spotlight of handmade items that remind me of one of my favorite books/movies/plays. Hope you enjoy!



































1 comment:

The Beading Gem said...

Me, too! I've been an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan for a long time and regard Phantom as his best work. Every song is delightful. Pearl