Join Me on Facebook

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Red and Black Dangle Earrings


Red and Black Dangle Earrings
Originally uploaded by Aridan Fashions



Representing Jeff's company, he, I and my aunt and uncle all participated in a bowling event to benefit Junior Achievement. As I had mentioned earlier, the shirts were black and red, with some white on the back. I took that as an opportunity to once again spar with my old friend the wire jig.

Such a simple tool in theory, there is much more than meets the eye. What gauge wire you use, and it's hardness will effect the wire shape. Additionally, how many pegs you place in the jig at any given time can make it much easier or much harder to complete a component. I have struggled with keeping the entire piece on all the pegs, and with flattening the piece after it's taken off the jig. Let me tell you, the little plastic spacers used to press the wire down as you shape it is well worth using.

This piece was fashioned on a Wig Jig Centaur jig, using 22 gauge non-tarnish brass Artistic Wire. The beads are 4mm fire polished red faceted rounds and 4mm jet faceted Preciosa crystal bicones. My aunt and I wore matching pairs for the event.

No comments: