Join Me on Facebook

Monday, March 02, 2009

Reflections on ArtFire


So venturing out on artisan selling sites, like Etsy and ArtFire, is not for the faint of heart. It's truly amazing how many talented people there are out there, working hard on beautiful handmade pieces of art. And that's just the start on these sites. I have to admire all these artisans that put the time an energy not only creating their fine pieces of work, but also contributing to the vast community, providing feedback and help to other artisans and the site itself. As much as there is a sense of community, there is also fierce competition. When gathering together the best and brightest, how do you make yourself stand out in such fine company? That is the money question, and one many are still trying to answer. I'm enjoying putting my art out there, and I'm patient, and I learn from my mistakes. Balancing the day job, the family and friends, and other interests, I only have so much time to dedicate to my jewelry passion. It's good that I'm patient. I'm willing to take my time and see where these online venues take me, and what I can offer back.

So here is my latest listing in my ArtFire studio. It's actually the first time I've made a wire yoke. Something about 16 gauge wire used to scare me off, but I'm kind of in a "bring it on" frame of mind lately. These are glass pearls, and my lovely smokey irridescent glass chips.

No comments: