Join Me on Facebook

Monday, March 30, 2009

Something To Inspire Creativity

When creative people are not feeling all that creative, anything that can inspire is welcome. If you have a graphics pad at your disposal, you may enjoy tooling around with ArtRage. It is software that allows you to paint on your computer. I don't pretend I'm a painter. I actually started jewelry design after I realized I did not have my Dad's talent for painting.

Aside from paints, it also provides chalks, crayons, markers, airbrush, and pencil tools. The free version has less tools available than the full version, but still enough to splash colors together, blend, and experiment.

For those who find color combinations scary, this is a safe way to play with them. It even has an eraser if you don't like what you've done. I've included a painting example here, my abstract version of a heart.

I do this when I'm not feeling all that creative, and it relaxes me and allows my mind to wander, and I think that's a much better state to be in when trying to put something new together. I hope some of you may find this an interesting outlet with which to experiment.

No comments: